Sunday, March 29, 2009

I KNEW YOU WOULD COME!!!!!




There were two childhood friends who studied together in school and college and even they joined the army together. War broke out and they both were fighting in the same unit. One night they were ambushed. Bullets were flying all over and out of the darkness there came a voice " John, please come here and help me." John immediately recognized that the voice was of his childhood friend, Smith. He asked the captain if he could go. the captain said " No, I can't let you go, I am already short-handed and I can't afford to lose one more person. Besides, the way Smith sounds he is not going to make it". John kept quiet but Again the voice came, "John, please come and help me out ." John, sat quietly because the captain had refused him earlier. Again and again the voice came John couldn't stop himself any longer and told the captain, that "Captain, this is my childhood friend. I have to go and help him." The captain reluctantly let him go there. John crawled through the darkness and dragged Smith back into the trench with him. They found that Smith was already died. Now the captain got angry and shouted at John, " Didn't I tell you he was not going to make it? He is dead, you could have been killed and I could have become short handed. You make a mistake . "John replied, " Captain I did the right thing . When I reached Smith he was still alive and his last words were ' John, I knew you would come."

Conclusion:-
Good relationships are hard to find and once developed should be nurtured.
We are often told: Live your dreams. But you cannot live your dream at the expense of others. People who do so are unscrupulous. We need to make personal sacrifices for our family, friends, those we care about and who depend on us.

No comments:

Post a Comment